Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Paddy's Day

If you're going to blog on St. Patrick's, don't you at least have to mention it?  At least those are the rules I received with my "so you think you can blog" packet of information. 

Let's talk green!  I love St. Patrick's Day.  Am I Irish? Not that I'm aware of. Have I spent a lot of time in Ireland?  I wish!  Have I seen, caught or met a leprechaun? This is a tricky question.  I think I might have met a few of them out and about.  It's hard to tell between short, creepy guys and leprechauns sometimes.  Unfortunately, I can't confirm it and I don't have picture proof.  Does it matter that these things don't pertain to me? Or that I haven't experienced them?  Nope! 

I think in general people just like a reason to get together and be festive.  I'm no different.  In general I enjoy holidays and themed parties that involve libations.  (Notice: I did not say I enjoy getting drunk.  I've reached the age where I don't want to spend the next several days recovering.  No fun involved in the recovery! And frankly I don't have the extra time.)  I do actually enjoy getting dressed up.  As for St. Patty's Paddy's Day, I look good in green.  Lucky me!  And drunken pinches sometimes hurt so green it is!  I also like the bands.  I enjoy being outside before it's blazing hot in Oklahoma.  And who doesn't like a fun faring crowd?  Okay, adult beverages don't hurt; although, I can't remember the last time I had a craving for green beer.   

What's my point?  Live a little!  Strap on your shamrock pants and get out there!

P.S.  I've been informed.  It's St. Paddy's Day... from the Irish Padraig...

Warning: Shamrock pants don't look
as cute when you get older!
My niece is adorable in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment